Meet our National Coordinator – Danya Wasylyk (She/Her)
In November 2013, the Ukrainian Canadian Students’ Union (SUSK) secured funding through the Ukrainian Canadian Congress (UCC) Ukrainian Dragons competition for several initiatives, including the creation of a full-time National Coordinator position based in Ottawa, Ontario, in order to better consolidate and further professionalize our activities.
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, the SUSK National Coordinator works alongside UCC staff at the UCC National Office to help SUSK reach, support, and empower more young Ukrainian Canadians while enhancing the operational capacity of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress.
Danya Wasylyk completed her bachelor’s degree in Child and Youth Care at Ryerson University in Toronto in 2020, and joined the UCC & SUSK staff on November 30th, 2020. Danya comes from a wealth of experience in Ukrainian Student Organization (USO) development, serving as President at her club the “Ukrainian Students’ Club at Ryerson” from 2017-2018. During her presidency she was able to host one of the largest Zabava events that Ontario had seen, and fundraise over $3,000 that year.
She is an active volunteer in the Ukrainian community, her experiences include; the Desna Ukrainian Dance Company, Plast Toronto, the Ukrainian National Federation of Canada, and more.
To find out more about Danya click HERE
Roles of the National Coordinator (SUSK)
- Assist the development of USOs in any capacity deemed fit (eg fundraising, social media, governance, etc.);
- Ensure organizational sustainability, institutional memory, and future growth.
- Lead the development of fundraising strategy and programs, including active targeting of government, academic, and non-profit grants;
- Assist with the organization of SUSK National Executive meetings, SUSK National Congress and other mandated regional or local student-oriented events;
- Assist the SUSK President and National Executive in a variety of administrative tasks including management of archives, resources, materials, as directed;
- Manage contact lists and compile membership databases;
- Manage social media channels in conjunction with the SUSK Media Director;
- Assist with the development of guides and handbooks for organization membership;
- Liaise and create strategic partnerships with other Canadian youth organizations;
- Identify research, program, employment, and development opportunities for Ukrainian Canadian students at large;
- Assist SUSK National Executive in implementing projects, advocacy campaigns, and recruitment initiatives;
- In coordination with the SUSK President, act as a primary point of contact for local/national/international inquiries,
Roles of the National Coordinator (UCC)
- Assist UCC Executive Director and other full-time staff with a variety of administrative tasks;
- Manage social media outlets;
- Act as a resource for other local and national Ukrainian youth organizations and assist the UCC National Youth Chair and National Youth Committee in performance of their duties;
- Assist the UCC National Office with day-to-day operations, including event organization and administrative overflow in a team environment (phone duties, faxes, in-person inquiries);
- Assist with recruitment and management of volunteers.
Contact the National Coordinator today to learn how to develop your organization or how to get involved with SUSK at email@example.com